Apologies once again for not posting anything on here for a while. I don't know where the time seems to be going at the moment! It's April already, my goodness. Before I know it, I won't be living in France anymore and I'll be back in rainy old England. Having said that, April's been living up to its name these past few days and we've had some rather showery days in Aix. At the weekend we had absolutely gorgeous weather, but it was just tricking us into believing it will last it seems...
Anyway, enough about the weather (whoever said English people always talk about the weather is soooo right!). Let's get down to baking. These cute little Mini Lemon Cupcakes which I came across here should certainly put you in a Spring mood! Light and fluffy, moist and tangy, they are just the treat you need to put a smile on your face. And with them being so tiny, you can eat one without feeling too guilty, but a the same time it will satisfy that sweet craving I know we all get. To me, lemons scream sunshine and short dresses and transport me to summer days sipping lemonade in the garden. Now these cupcakes don't magically fast forward a few months to summer I'm afraid (oh, how I wish they would, though!), but they do taste rather yummy and will give you that taste of summer you've been craving! Try them. Go on.
|Sorry, I've gone a bit photo mad I realise!!|
Mini Lemon Cupcakes makes about 24 (but I made 8 and divided the quantities by 3)
For the cupcakes:
3 Large Eggs
1 Cup Milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Plain Flour
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
4 tsp Baking Powder
10 tbsp Butter
Grated Zest 2 Lemons
For the icing:
1 Cup Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (or as much as you need to make the icing the right consistency)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, a quarter of the milk and the vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and remaining milk, then combine.
- Beat for a minute or so, until you have a smooth mixture.
- Beat in the egg mixture and then stir in the lemon zest.
- Put spoonfuls of the mixture into cake cases so that they are nearly half full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown and a knife inserted into them comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make the icing, in a small bowl gradually add the lemon juice to the icing sugar so that it is not too runny (you can add more water if necessary though).
- Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, ice them and allow to set.
- Take one with you to uni or work or wherever you're going and enjoy!
The only thing is, in 4 mouthfuls...
...they're gone! Oh well, you'll just have to make some more!!